Schengen Visa is worshiped by the respective competent authorities access to the Schengen area pro friends / travel visa issued by the relevant parties. The Schengen area is made up of 26 countries, and these countries agree that their citizens can move freely in the area as if they were in the same country. Of the 26 countries that have signed the Schengen Agreement, 22 countries are EU member states, and the remaining 4 countries are members of the European Free Trade Association. The Schengen area covers most of the EU member states, except for Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Ireland, which will soon join the agreement. However, the Schengen area also covers non-EU countries such as Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, which can also enjoy free movement policies.

Which countries can I travel to with a Schengen visa?

Countries that can go to with a Schengen visa include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia , Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

After getting the visa, how long can I stay in the Schengen area?

Depending on the type of visa issued by a specific embassy/consulate of any Schengen country, specific visas will be subject to different restrictions due to the nature of travel and other related circumstances. However, the most common type of visa obtained by travelers requires travelers not to stay for more than 90 days within 6 months from the day they enter the Schengen country.

Under what circumstances can I apply for a Schengen visa?

Everyone can apply for a Schengen visa as long as all the necessary documents are available and the financial situation is sufficient to maintain the cost of staying in the Schengen area.

What type of Schengen visa do I need?

There are three main types of Schengen visas issued by designated embassies/consulates according to the purpose/type of travel.

  • The unified Schengen visa is a visa issued by the Schengen member states for anyone who wishes to transit or stay in their territory. The total length of stay of the unified Schengen visa holder shall not exceed 90 days within 6 months from the first day of entry into the territory of the Schengen State.
  • With a limited area visa, the holder can only travel to the Schengen country that issued the visa, or in some other cases, the holder can enter some of the Schengen countries specified when applying for the visa.
What is a unified Schengen visa?

According to the purpose of travel, the unified Schengen visa is applicable to all three categories: "A" and "C".

  • The "A" category represents the airport transit visa, and the holder can pass through the international area of the Schengen airport without entering the Schengen area. Citizens transiting from a non-Schengen country to another non-Schengen country at the Schengen airport must hold an airport transit visa.
  • The "C" category represents a short-term visa. The holder can stay in the Schengen country for a period of time, depending on the validity period of the visa.
If I am going to multiple Schengen countries, which embassy should I apply for a Schengen visa?

If the applicant plans to travel to two or more Schengen countries, it is strongly recommended that the applicant apply for a visa at the embassy/consulate of the country where the stay will be the longest (ie the "main destination").